Friday, August 27, 2010

'kayso

It's been a crazy few weeks! I'll spare you the details, but I'll say this - I'm capable of more than I thought. I also think I may have located my breaking point.

You know how they say 1+1 does not equal 2? (oh you haven't heard that?). Well they are right!




My grabdfather's funeral was nice. It felt good to drive to Portland, like making the effort was a tribute to him. Tony wore a suit and shaved in tribute to grandpa and had a great point when he said, "how would he dress at my funeral? I don't know, but I know he'd look smooth.". The best part was getting to see my mom and uncle and getting to hear stories about what he meant to both of them.

While we were in Portland we also saw my 92 year old grandma. She's amazing and I'll tell you about her someday.



Bez started soccer last week - he already thinks he's good enough to play for the Sounders. We recommended a little more practice.

He starts1st grade on Wednesday. Yeeps! Time is flying by. We met his teacher today, who seems great - she is passionate about reading and gives playmobil toys as rewards. Can't beat that! We also got to find out who will be in his class. We were so worried for him (will it be the right mix of kids? Will he have friends in his class? Won't he be sad if his best buddy isn't with him?). As always, wonderful kid-hood prevailed. We went over the list and he said, "cool!". Love that kid.


The baby had her first day with the nanny today. It went well - she did her usual thing (sleeping, pooping, napping) and I got to come home to a smiley, happy baby.

Sofia is the happiest baby ever! She loves to talk, smile, play and snuggle. And eat. And eat. And eat.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment